- What social and cultural changes in America occurred that made women’s suffrage a viable idea, especially for males?
- Make a connection between the enfranchisement of women and the progressive movement, showing how it may have helped with reforms, hindered reforms, or made no difference.
- Take a position on the passing of the Nineteenth Amendment as a civil rights victory, explaining how you think the female vote has influenced or not influenced the direction of civil rights in this country.
“Empire Building: Moral, Economic, or Political?” Please respond to the following:
Dominant civilizations from the Romans through Great Britain to today’s super powers have given moral justification to the conquering and domination of other countries and their people.
- For a country such as the U.S. that makes the equality and protection of rights one of the centerpieces of its own existence, explain how the annexation of foreign territories during this period was justified.
- Give two (2) examples of how the United States benefits by owning territories and having military bases around the world today.
- Describe the political impact to the party in power here at home when the U.S. military is victorious in a foreign war or takeover and when it is defeated.