Unit 4 Review Assignment
Please write in complete sentences. You should work on this assignment as you go through the assigned readings and chapters in your textbook. Avoid copying directly from the text. Your responses should be in your own words.
- Explain how listening helps to earn trust, to build collaboration and to negotiate resolutions to problems and conflicts.
- Imagine you manage 100 employees. Some employees work in the home office, and others remotely in other cities. Identify and describe two ways you might encourage communication among these 100 people.
- Describe two specific actions a leader might take to develop cooperative goals.
- What is reciprocity? Why is reciprocity a successful approach for making daily decisions and negotiating differences among people?
- Explain the relationship between leadership and control.
- Explain what is meant by the phrase “in the flow.”
- Identify and explain two methods or ways to increase skill and competency.
- Explain the difference between training and coaching. Identify one way or technique you might use to coach a new employee.
The Leadership Challenge Workbook
- Your textbook focuses on the importance of building trust and recommends holding a one-on-one relationship building meeting to foster trust. On page 97 of your Workbook, you will see a list of questions that you might ask during such a meeting. Select three of these questions from the list and explain why you would consider these three the most important.