There are two assignments listed below that will need to be completed , please complete both assignments .
Planning Your Goals, Intentions, and Approach
If you haven’t done so recently, review the “Preview of Your Final Project” criteria sheet. For this assignment, you will develop a plan that addresses your goals, intentions, and approach for the Final Project.
Identify the role of the Community Organization for your project. You should utilize all the information you collected since the beginning of this course. Your plan should cover the information listed below.
- Title Your Project: Be concise; be catchy. Use your title to both draw your readers/audience in and to demonstrate what the project is about.
- Introduction: Describe the organization, the work they do, any key players within the organization, and why it may be interesting to your readers/audience. Include your thesis statement (a short description of the purpose of your work).
- Readers/Audience: Describe the readers/audience you will be directing your project toward. Consider what they know, what they might need from your work, and what they will expect. Briefly discuss how you will meet the needs of your readers/audience.
- Methods: Include a description of how you plan to gather and analyze your data (i.e. reviewing websites, reviewing related articles, interviews, analyzing similar organizations, and so on).
- Results: You likely haven’t found any results yet, but provide a description of what you hope to find or what you think you might find.
- Conclusion: Based on the information you have gathered so far, start identifying how what you’ve learned connects to your thesis and how it falls under the scope of service-learning and civic engagement. Write up a brief description of those connections.
- References Page: Include an APA style citation list of the sources you have used or are considering using in your project (this should appear on its own page at the end of your outline). If you summarize or quote sources in your text, make sure you also include correct in-text citations.
This week, through our readings and discussion, we have had the opportunity to explore the factors involved in working in groups to reach a common goal, specifically how cultural differences play a role in group work. Additionally, we have begun to explore the following course outcomes:
- read and extract information and ideas from a variety of texts; – Critical thinking
- demonstrate how personal, professional, academic, and communal interests can positively or negatively affect the way we approach an issue; – Respect for Diversity, Lifelong Learning, Social, Ethical and Professional Responsibility
- articulate how learning extends beyond the classroom. – Communication & Lifelong Learning
In your journal, reflect back on what you have learned so far through the course readings, assignments, and discussions (you are encouraged to reflect back on previous weeks as well). Answer each of the following questions to guide your reflection:
- What, if anything, did you find surprising, particularly challenging, or interesting, (10pts)
- From what you know about this course so far, what connections can you make to previous learning experiences, and how do you think this course will help you as you move forward in your college and professional life? (10pts)
- How do the course outcomes (listed above)for this week apply to your experience so far? (10pts)
- What specific ideas did you learn from the Starbucks book this week that you could use in your every life or future career? (10 pts)
- What questions do you still need answered? (10pts)