Certain states require Welfare/unemployment recipients to take random drug test, should this also be a nationwide requirement? We must make our policies stricter and ensure that the funds they receive are used correctly.*
An annotated bibliography is a research tool that will help you to keep track of the sources you encounter while working on larger research projects. Generally, an annotated bibliography reflects an exhaustive search of a topic; for this class, we will treat this assignment as an introduction to the tool rather than to expect a complete bibliography.
This tool is related directly to a References page, except here, we follow each of your five citations with a brief (100 words or less) explanation of:
- Who the author is and their relevance to the subject we are exploring.
- Who the intended audience is.
- How this citation relates or contrasts to at least one of our other sources.
- How this source helps to further our discussion of the topic.
Through this assignment, we ask that you read thecriteria for the Researched Argument essay, choose a topic, and begin researching that topic (note that you should have already chosen a topic through last week’s assignment and discussion forum).
To receive full credit for this assignment, you must have five or more annotations in your bibliography.
This should be viewed as a tool to help you and others find their way through this topic.
Checklist for Annotated Bibliography:
- Does this bibliography meet the assignment criteria?
- How does the formatting of this assignment look? Does it follow basic APA guidelines for a Reference page? (i.e. Times New Roman font, double-spaced, no extra spacing between paragraphs, first line of the citation flush left with all following lines indented, etc.?).
- Are the annotations brief, clear, and informative? Do they avoid personal opinion? Do they act as a reference guide?
- Imagine you are writing an essay about the same subject (you will be). If you came upon this in your research, how useful would you find this bibliography to be?
- Do this bibliography contain at least five citations?