How do you know you have validated a research study based on data gathered from primary or secondary sources?Have you been involved with any product test-marketing project? Explain. How did the resulting statistics affect the product’s marketing strategy? How can organizations skew the statistical outcomes of their business research?The home of custom (FRESH), non-plagiarized papers
The home of custom (FRESH), non-plagiarized papers
- Ashford 7: – Week 6 – Final Paper Space Age Furniture Company Read “Space Age Furniture Company” in Chapter 9 of your text. Respond to the following and include any Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) calculations: Develop an MRP for Space Age Furniture Company using the information in the case including the production of sub-assemblies in lot sizes of 1,000. The lot size of 1,000 for sub-assemblies has produced a lumpy demand for part 3079. Suggest ways for improvements over sub-assemblies in lot sizes of 1,000. Analyze the trade-off between overtime costs and inventory costs. Calculate a new MRP that improves the base MRP. Compare and contrast the types of production processing—job shop, batch, repetitive, or continuous—and determine which the primary mode of operation is and why. Describe ways that management can keep track of job status and location during production. Recommend any changes that might be beneficial to the company and/or add value for the customer. The final case study should demonstrate your understanding of the reading as well as the implications of new knowledge. The paper should integrate readings, scholarly sources, and class discussions into work and life experiences. It may include explanation and examples from previous events as well as implications for future applications. The purpose of the final case study is for you to culminate the learning achieved in the course by describing your understanding and application of knowledge in the field of operations management.
- Review Case 21 “How Amazon.com became the leading online retailer by 2011”, and Case 23 “Is Yahoo!’s business model working in 2011?” located in the textbook to complete this assignment. Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you: Describe, in brief, the histories of both of Amazon.com and Yahoo.com, and determine the core business of each. Determine the key strategic differences that have impacted the relative success of both Amazon.com and Yahoo.com. Provide two (2) specific examples of such strategic differences to support the response. Compare and contrast the approach to strategic planning that each company has pursued in order to achieve a competitive advantage. Focus specifically on both intended and emergent strategies. Analyze the manner in which each company’s distinctive competencies help to shape the strategies that each company pursues. Provide a rationale to support the response. Recommend one (1) functional level strategy for each company which prescribes the essential ways in which each may achieve superior efficiency, quality, innovation, and customer responsiveness. Provide a rationale to support the response. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: Analyze the role of a company mission, vision, and objectives and the impact to business strategy. Describe strategic planning techniques used to formulate alternative strategies designed to achieve stated business goals. Analyze the external and internal environment for opportunities, threats, strengths, and weaknesses that impact the firm’s competitiveness. Use technology and information resources to research issues in strategic management. Write clearly and concisely about strategic management using proper writing mechanics.
- What actions must you take before and after the message is delivered to ensure that it was received as intended?
- Explain roles of limited liability corporations and partnerships.
- compare and contrast three potential financial outcomes your Learning Team envisions for the initiative.