Effects of Teratogens on the Developing Fetus and Child
Teratogens are those chemicals that lead to structural and/or functional birth defects. The effects of teratogenic compounds are time dependent as well as dose dependent.
Choose a teratogen and write about its effects on the fetus and the development of a child.
- Identify the Teratogen such as: (DO NOT USE ALCOHOL, MARAJUANNA, NIGOTINE , METH)
Varicella Virus (Chickenpox)
- Discuss the effects it has on the fetus.
- Discuss some of the long term problems the child is going to demonstrate during the following periods, include language development, fine and gross motor skills, cause and effect reasoning:
- Elementary School
- What is the prognosis of their problem
- Why is this a significant issue to the general public
Critical Thinking Aspect
Referring to Erikson, explain what stages of development may be affected and how this may affect the child as he/she gets older.
The paper needs to be written in APA Style
A name and Title page
Body – 4 to 5 pages double spaced with paragraphs indented 5 spaces
Reference page, which should include a minimum of 2 sources outside the book.