Please give me your email address (mine is [email protected]), i’ll send you some scanned pages of the text book that my teacher ask to use. They are pdf. i dont know why i cannot attach them here.
Instruction for Student
This paper for this course will involve the analysis of the personality of a designated film character who is Rachel in the Movie “Rachel, Rachel” (1968, Director: Paul Newman)
– You can rent this movie at Amazon for $2.99 (24 hours), note every thought, feeling or action of her as much as you can when watching this movie.
-You have use our text book (Personality Theories: A Comparative Analysis – 6th Ed – Salvatore R. Maddi)and 1 or more book and this movie as sources. (Minimum: 3 sources)
-The paper should have two distinct sections entitled “Part One” and “Part Two.” Each section should include the following:
A. Part One (80pts) YOU HAVE TO STATE RACHEL’S ACTIONS, FEELINGS, THOUGHTS AS MUCH AS YOU CAN AND RELATE THEM TO FREUD’S THEORY
USE the personality theory of FREUD that has been covered in class , and apply it to the designated film character WHO IS RACHEL .
1. Clearly identify the chosen theory (please use FREUD), and give the reasons why you chose it.
2. Periphery : Define what peripheral personality type best fits the Rachel’s pattern of thoughts, feelings, and actions. Make sure to use specific example as much as you can throughout your entire discussion of the periphery. If there appears to be a change in the peripheral personality type, identify that.
3. Development : How does the theory’s view on development help explain how the Rachel developed the identified peripheral personality type. In supporting your hypotheses, make sure to include whatever relevant evidence there is from the character’s past and present life.
4. Core : Include the core as a finishing touch to your description of the Rachel, but do not make it the main focus. Remember, the periphery is what makes the character different from other people, whereas the core asks what the character different from other people, whereas the core asks what the character has in common with others.
B. Part Two:
Analyze how useful the theory you selected was in explaining and understanding Rachel’s personality. In doing this, tell me:
Detail how the theory does a great job in explaining the designated film character’s personality, and why
C. Additional Criteria:
1. Statements made are backed up with specific examples
2. The Paper is well organized and flows logically from one paragraph to the next.
3. Ideas are clearly expressed, and relevant examples are used.
4. The analysis shows critical thought.